Renew your Kentucky driver's license, motorcycle license or combination driver/motorcycle license online up to six months before it expires.
Please read this page carefully and have your license with you to complete the online renewal application.
- To renew online, all personal information listed on your current license must not have changed (name, address, license class) and you will receive the same card version you currently have (i.e., renew current standard license for another standard license).
- Online renewal is only available for license renewals. License replacements (lost/stolen) cannot be accepted online at this time.
- Applicant must use a valid Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express (debit or credit cards can be used). A small processing fee will be collected for online renewals. (1.5% for debit cards and 2.75% for credit cards). If your application is not approved, your card will not be charged. Refunds will not be issued once you submit your renewal application.
- Applicants may renew online up to 6 months before the license expiration date or up to one year past the expiration date on your license.
- Once your application has been approved by the Transportation Cabinet, your credential will be mailed to the address we have on file. You will verify your address during the application process.
- At this time, applicants will receive the same renewal lifespan as their current card. That means if your current license expires every 4 years, you will receive the same 4 year lifespan when renewing online.
- Commercial Driver's Licenses (CDLs) cannot be renewed online.
- Non-US citizens cannot renew driver's licenses online due to visa updates.
- Under 21 licenses (Vertical Format) cannot be renewed online.
By clicking Start Application, you are agreeing that you meet the eligibility criteria to apply for online renewal. Refunds will not be issued once you submit your renewal application.
By completing a transaction through this service, you are attesting you are doing so on your own behalf. Any fraudulent application will be prosecuted.